Online Casino Payments
One of the biggest issues facing casino customers when joining any new casinos is how they will fund their casino account. Being able to deposit and withdraw funds quickly and safely into the casino is important.
There are now lots of different deposit methods offered by casinos. Many casinos allow you to both deposit and withdraw using that method, but some are deposit methods only. However, because there are so many payment options available at casinos now, it can be confusing. So, we have gone through all of the available online casino payment methods to see which works best for you.
The Most Popular Online Casino Payment Options
Nearly every business allows players a variety of payment methods. This includes online casinos. The most popular online casino payment methods are those that are the most reliable. You need to make sure that whatever payment processor you choose to fund your online gambling account, that the payment method will transfer funds into your online casino account quickly and safely. Generally, most online casino customers will use the same deposit method for all of their online gambling accounts, as this is the easiest way to do it.
On this page, we will look at all the top casino payment methods and payment providers at new online casinos and look at what are the most important factors to any casino customer when it comes to them paying into and withdrawing from their casino accounts. As such, we look at the most available options, the minimum and maximum daily limits, and fees that are attached to withdrawals and also how quickly the casino payment method takes for both deposits and withdrawals. Finally, we check out how safe, secure and trustworthy the casinos payment processing is.
Paying Into Your Casino Account with Debit Cards and Credit Cards
By far, the most popular payment method at any online casino is the debit card. Indeed, most adults in the world have access to a bank card. What's more, as far as secure payment methods go for casinos, this is one of the best. On order to use your debit card to make online casino deposits, simply type in the long number, then add the expiry date and CCV number to register the card at the casino. The online casinos will then encrypt your details, so you won't have to worry about your personal information and banking details being leaked online.
It is worth noting, that credit cards and American Express (popular in online casinos in the United States) are no longer used to fund casino accounts in the UK anymore as the UK Gambling Commission has ruled that credit card payments are no longer allowed on any online gambling site, including online casino. The reason behind this is to stop customers at online casinos from building up debt on their credit card and spending money they don't have.
Using Visa for your Online Casino Deposit
Pretty much all online casinos allow punters to use Visa debit cards for both deposits and withdrawals. Generally, none of the online casinos we have reviewed would charge a fee for making a visa casino deposit. As soon as you enter the debit card details into your casino account, you will only need to update it when your debit card changes. This is a quick, easy and safe deposit method, popular at casinos all over the world. However, no UK online gambling site or casino will accept a Visa credit card to fund an online casino account.
Visa Electron Casinos
Visa Electron is another of the most popular casino deposit methods around. This is a great payment method for both casino deposits and withdrawals. It worked in very much the same way as regular Visa cards but is generally used more by the younger gambler, this is because they can only make a deposit into their online casino if they have the funds readily available in their bank account.
MasterCard Casino Deposits
Again, like Visa card payments, customers can only use MasterCard debit cards as a casino payment method, not a MasterCard credit card. MasterCard is first and foremost seen as a credit card company, but they do have debit card options. Simply enter the card details into the online casino and register your card. You can then use this payment option at the casino for as long as the card is valid.
Maestro Casino Payments
Maestro, owned by MasterCard, is classed as a debit card and therefore you can use it as one of your preferred casino banking options. This is a banking method that allows players to make a deposit quickly, easily and securely.
Using eWallets for Online Gambling and Casinos
Rising in popularity as preferred casino payment solutions as well as other online business providers, are eWallets. These payment methods, alongside prepaid cards, is a more popular service for younger casino players. Pretty much all casino operators accept the most popular payment providers. The gaming sites will offer a variety of e Wallets brands, such as PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, Paysafecard and EcoPayz.
The main advantage is the security aspect of these payment options. Firstly, you don't have to enter your bank details or financial information on the casino site, which makes it more safe and secure than other methods. You can make instant deposits and withdrawals, with eWallets being the quickest of all withdrawal options. You do need to be aware that if you want to claim a casino bonus or welcome bonus, some casino sites don't accept e wallets as one of their accepted online payment deposit options.
PayPal Casino Banking
PayPal is an excellent payment provider. You only have to make sure that your banking details are linked to your PayPal account. It's excellent for transferring money into your account quickly and easily as it is the quickest withdrawal method, with the money hitting your account immediately. This is one of its biggest advantages.
Paysafecard Casino Merchants
Paysafecard is just that, a safe card to pay with. Many operators accept this as a payment option because it is one of the safer online banking options. Players can simply use the prepaid card voucher simply by entering the 16-digit pin number. Your money will then be sent securely to the online casinos. However, it is worth noting that most online casinos won't allow you to withdraw your winnings to a prepaid card.
Skrill is a very popular e wallet payment method as well. It is owned and operated within the Gambling Commission regulations. Its main advantages are the security and safety of payments, it allows you to make deposits instantly, and like PayPal, it is one of the quickest withdrawal methods, with money reaching your account instantly. However, like other e wallets, many online gaming companies won't allow you to use it as a first time deposit method to claim bonuses or welcome offers.
Neteller works in very much the same way as Skrill and is another part of the Paysafe Group. This is an e wallet service provider that's reputation is based around its ease of use. The payment option offers quick and easy withdrawals. The process is quick and easy, and the security standards are high, with quick and easy payouts. You can also make payments in a number of different currencies.
This isn't as well known and popular as e wallet payment processors. However, the payment service is becoming more popular as it transfers money quickly and securely. Customers can send and spend money all in one place.
Bank Wire Transfers at Online Casinos
One option for players not able to use bank cards or e wallets, is a bank transfer. Bank transfers involves customers entering their sort code and bank account number to make a deposit in the casino. It's not a bad service, but people are more likely to avoid it as this is the slowest payment solution in the gambling business when it comes to withdrawing your winnings.
Making Instant Bank Transfers at Casinos
There are some cases when customers can make an instant casino deposit by bank transfer, but this all depends on the issuing bank. However, even then, you make have to wait for your funds to clear before you can start enjoying the casino games.
Pay by Phone Casinos
This is certainly not one of the payment methods preferred by high rollers at online casinos. If they want to spend a lot of real money on casino games – looking for a big win on Book of Dead or hitting the Mega Fortune jackpot, then they need to be putting big money n their casino merchant accounts. However, for many that like to enjoy their online casinos or sports betting site on a mobile device, then this is a natural option. Pay by Phone casinos generally allows players to make a deposit through the mobile network provider, who will then add it to the monthly bill. It is safe and secure as no bank or financial details are placed online. It's worth noting that the deposit limits for a pay by phone provider are a lot lower. This includes Boku, which allows players to make a deposit using their mobile phone number.
Alternative Casino Payment Options
There are so many more options available for players who want to make a deposit to gambling sites and online casinos.
- Cryptocurrencies/ Bitcoin are available at a number of casinos and operators and gambling operators, with Bitcoin being the most common cryptocurrency. It can be used to fund sports betting, casino games and is becoming more popular in the gambling industry. However, with many not still being comfortable with bitcoin, many still don't offer this service.
- Trustly Casino – Trustly is becoming more popular within the UK now and is accepted at most online casinos. This involves transferring real money into your online gaming account using Trustly as a safe and secure merchant.
- Revolut Casino payment method is free of charge, quick and instant. You can also pay in more than one currency. However, some casinos won't accept Revolut, and this payment method is being looked into by the UKGC. However, some simply see it as just another of the prepaid cards.
- Klarna Casino is a Swedish merchant that has been around since 2005 and is accepted at most gambling merchant sites. There are three ways to pay using Klarna, which is ‘pay now', ‘pay later' or ‘slice it'. However, it is likely that the UKGC will look into Pay Later options as this will be seen as similar to credit cards.
- Google Pay Casino payment method are straightforward and seamless. You just need to have your Google account linked to your bankcard. Players can pay into their online gaming casino account using their android device.
- Apple Pay Casinos work in much the same way as Google Pay. You can make deposits at casinos using any iPhone or iPad as long as you have your Apple Touch Code. This is an easier way of paying compared to online banking methods.
Casinos Deposit and Withdrawal Fees and Limits
When making deposits at online casinos, you need to check withdrawal fees and limits. Each casino will vary. However, you will notice a pattern for most online casino payment options:
- Visa casino payment methods are usually free, deposits are instant and average withdrawal time of between 1-5 days. Minimum withdrawal limits depend on the casino.
- MasterCard casino payments are usually free, deposits are instant with an average withdrawal time of between 1-5 days for most casinos. Withdrawal limit depends on the casino
- Maestro casino deposits are usually free and instant, with an average withdrawal time of between 1-5 days for most casinos. Withdrawal limits depend on the casino.
- Apple Pay/ Google Pay Casino deposits are usually free and instant. Withdrawals are usually processed by casinos in 1-5 days. The withdrawal limits depend on the casino.
- eWallets casino deposits are usually free and instant. Withdrawals usually take less than one day for casinos to process and withdrawal limits depend on the casino.
- Paysafecard casino deposits are usually free and instant. Withdrawals are usually processed by casinos within 24 hours and withdrawal limits depend on the casino.
- Bank Wire casino deposits are free but take between 2-10 days for casinos to process. Withdrawals can take between 5-28 days and withdrawal limits depend on the casino.
Casinos Account Verification and KYC Checks
Any casino merchant will put into place KYC checks to prevent money laundering. As such, before you make your first withdrawal, you will need to supply the casinos Customer Support with ID and evidence of address, such as a utility bill and passport. This may take a few days extra for casinos to process but is a necessary process and doesn't happen all the time.