How to Sign-Up & Register to an Online Casino
Because there are so many different casinos online to play at these days, it goes without saying that many people will want to try the new sites out. This means opening new accounts.
Registering a new account at any online casino is very standard and extremely simple – as long as you know what you’re doing. Here is our step by step guide to opening up a new account at an online casino.
Picking a casino
Firstly, you need to decide which new online casino you want to open an account with, taking the following into account:
- Welcome Bonus and Promotions: The first thing to look out for is the quality of the welcome bonus. Is it generous? What are the terms and conditions? Are they fair? The welcome offers come in a variety of shapes and sizes, so be sure to pick a generous welcome offer with fair terms attached. Also, look at the existing customer bonuses and loyalty club offers to see what you can expect during your time at the casino.
- Variety of Games: You need to check out the variety of games available and if it offers what you are looking for. Does it offer enough slots? Does it have jackpot games? Is there a live casino? Consider what games you like and whether it has enough variety for you.
- The Safety and Security of the Site: You need to be sure that the casino is regulated by the UK Gambling Commission and that it follows strict rules and guidelines. The site also needs to be protected by top-end SSL encryption.
- Customer Support: If there are any issues with the sign-up process or any other problems, then it is essential that the casino offers excellent customer support, available for long hours – preferably 24 hours. They should also be contactable in a number of ways, such as live chat, phone and email.
How to Sign Up to the Site
In order to sign up, you will need to follow a couple of different steps:
- Click on the ‘Register’ or Sign Up’ button on the landing page.
- Enter the details as required, including your name, address, postcode, email address and date of birth.
- Choose your preferred deposit method.
- You will then need to create a surname, password and pick a memorable security question.
- The casino will then send you an email with a link which you will need to click on in order to verify your email address.
- Make sure you enter any promo code required to claim your deposit.
- You are then ready to make your first deposit!
How to Make Your First Deposit
As soon as you have signed up for a new account, in order to claim your welcome offer, you will need to make a qualifying deposit:
- Click on the deposit page
- Look for your preferred payment method
- Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- Confirm your deposit and the funds should enter your account immediately.
Remember, when signing up and depositing to follow the individual instructions and terms required to claim the welcome bonus. This could include entering a promo code and depositing with a certain payment method. If you intend to deposit with PayPal, Neteller or Skrill, then make sure that you can use this payment method to claim the offer. Also, check the minimum deposit amount for your offer.
Verifying Your Account
Generally, most casinos will allow you to start playing straight away, as soon as your initial deposit is clear. However, before you try to make your first withdrawal, you will be required to verify your account. This is a legal requirement for all casinos in order to protect their own players and themselves. They have a legal obligation to make sure that you are who you say you are and that there is no financial fraud.
In order to verify your account, you will need to provide the customer service team with a copy of your photo ID, such as passport or driving license. You will also need to provide a proof of address, such as a utility bill, dated within the last three months. You can upload these onto your computer and send the documents via email. This can take a couple of days to process, from start to finish, then as soon as this is done, your new casino account will be fully functional, meaning you can enjoy fast and easy withdrawals as well as higher transaction limits.